How to Deploy a Flow Framework Project
Deployer is a free and open source deployment tool written in PHP. It helps you to deploy your Flow Framework application to a server. It is very easy to use and has a lot of features.
Three main features of Deployer are:
- Provisioning - provision your server for you.
- Zero downtime deployment - deploy your application without a downtime.
- Rollbacks - rollback your application to a previous version, if something goes wrong.
Additionally, Deployer has a lot of other features, like:
- Easy to use - Deployer is very easy to use. It has a simple and intuitive syntax.
- Fast - Deployer is very fast. It uses parallel connections to deploy your application.
- Secure - Deployer uses SSH to connect to your server.
- Supports all major PHP frameworks - Deployer supports all major PHP frameworks.
You can read more about Deployer in Getting Started.
The deploy task of Flow Framework consists of:
- deploy:prepare – Prepares a new release
- deploy:vendors – Installs vendors
- deploy:run_migrations – Applies database migrations
- deploy:publish_resources – Publishes resources
- deploy:publish – Publishes the release
The flow_framework recipe is based on the common recipe.
Overrides shared_dirs from
Flow-Framework shared directories
Applies database migrations.
Apply database migrations
Deploys your project.
This task is group task which contains next tasks: